- The Tallest Man On Earth, S. Carey (Bon Iver) @ Henry Fonda Theater
Listen to Tallest Man's "Love Is All" and that is all the convincing you need
- US Royalty, Chasing Kings, Line and Circle and The Smiles @ Silverlake Lounge - The Smiles have some promise, and it's not just because they go to USC.
- The Walkmen, Japandroids, Dan Mangan @ Henry Fonda Theater
- Sam Amidon, Miracle Parade, Il Gato @ Bootleg - Very impressive reviews from Amidon's most recent release ; Il Gato makes it's first appearance in LA after a very bright start in the bay.
- Menomena, Suckers @ El Rey
-Port of Los Angeles Lobster Festival: Saint Motel, Venus Infers, Spider Problem w/ Lobsters @ Ports o' Call Village (San Pedro)
- Parson Redheads, Le Switch, The World Record @ Spaceland - Parson Redheads move to Oregon in October so catch them while you can. Le Switch is back to a 5-piece band and have reworked some of their old material
- Smithfield Bargain, Bikos, Body Parts, Tommy Santee Klaws @ Echo Curio
- MEN @ Echo (Club Underground) / Skybar (Mondrian Sessions)
-Guns in the sun and Tilt Magazine Present Miami Horror, Superhumanoids, American Royalty, DJ Dan Wilcox, Short Circuit @ Central Socia Aid & Pleasure Club - Miami Horror's first full live band performance in LA ; Superhumanoids are one of my favorite local acts.
- Port of Los Angeles Lobster Festival: Dengue Fever, Fitz & The Tantrums, Gram Rabbit, The Growlers, AWOLNATION, We Barbarians, The Country, Leslie Stevens & The Badgers, Judson & Mary w/ Lobsters @ Ports o'Call Village (San Pedro)
-Phoenix, Grizzly Bear, Girls @ Hollywood Bowl
- Autolux, Gold Panda @ El Rey
- Port of Los Angeles Lobster Festival: See How We Are: John Doe & Exene Cervenka of X, The Section Quartet, Miss Derringer, Walking Sleep, Tijuana Panthers, Devon Eisenbarger w/ Lobsters @ Ports o'Call Village (San Pedro)
- Tamaryn, Puro Instinct (formerly Pearl Harbor), Dunes @ Echo (Part-Time Punks)