Sunday, July 15, 2012

Inspiring: Bob Greenberg / Jerry Weintraub

Due to my jetlag i only slept four hours last night. The benefit was listening to morning edition's Simon Says segment on my way home where i heard news that a blind sportscaster had past away this week. I couldn't believe that those words would ever be put in that sequence but apparently Bob Greenberg found a way to let listeners know what both he and they could not see. Here's the NPR story / excerpt to give you more information and a nice remembrance from his former public station post at WBEZ in Chicago.


I finished the night by watching the 2nd half of the HBO Documentary on legendary hollywood film producer and entertainment mogul Jerry Weintraub entitled "His Way" (TV - 2011). It's the perfect inspiration for someone who doesn't want to take no for an answer. I will have to watch the 1st half at another time but it was remarkable to see this man's tenacity and vision for success.

No comments:

Post a Comment