Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mayer Hawthorne x A Strange Arrangement

What "A Strange Arrangement," is the name of the album by Mayer Hawthorne - a fitting title to the type of music Mr. Hawthorne creates. The first time I heard it, I wasn't sure what I was listening to. The music had that classic motown sound but the video was too contemporary and a white dude was singing. My initial thought was it was a spoof video, some random guy singing along to an old classic Motown song I never heard before. Then I payed closer attention to the lyrics and they were too current. So I did some research and discovered Mayer Hawthorne was creating something new yet paying homage to an old classic sound - call it Vintage Music. His album is one of my favorites and is on repeat on my iPod. Take a listen and you'll soon be singing along to the catchy hooks and upbeat music.

No comments:

Post a Comment