Monday, April 21, 2008

Lily's back

So the Foundtrack's favorite Londoner, Lily Allen, has been back in the studio, as she has posted a couple of new tracks on her myspace page. The general consensus appears to be that this is a more grown up sound for Lily and definitely reflective of her rocky personal life.

On her blog she writes, "...I've been working hard in the studio. I posted a couple of new songs to get an idea of my new direction, they are just at a demo stage so don't be too hard on them. I hope you enjoy this shizzle. Aiiight."

I can definitely say that these teaser tracks have definitely put Lily's new album on my most wanted list for 2008.

Check out one of Lily's old tracks, "Cheryl Tweedy" from back in the day on the Foundtrack's very first mix from July 2006.

And as a special treat for all you peeps that haven't had the opportunity to watch Lily Allen's new show (which has been recommissioned for a second series - congrats Lil!) on the BBC, here's a clip from the pilot episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment