Monday, February 23, 2009

Bill McMullen's "Hype, Hustle, Rip-Off" @ The Constant Gallery

A bunch of the galleries on La Cienega held openings this past Saturday to take advantage of the expected foot traffic from the KAWS opening. One of these spaces that I'm super glad we stumbled upon was The Constant Gallery and the opening they were hosting for artist Bill McMullen. McMullen, an apparently super talented (and clever) designer and illustrator displaying a very cheeky collection of work entitled "Hype, Hustle, Rip-Off." I'm so pumped up for this work, it's nuts! While KAWS work is awesome, McMullen's show ended up being the highlight of my evening as his work is kinda more in line with my style.

Be prepared for some brilliance, sarcasm, commentary, and enjoy:



Hopefully we won't be unravelling as a country for TOO long...


This piece was carved ENTIRELY out of wood... INSANE!!!:



One of my funny faves:


I want this for my personal court one day! (only in purple of course...)


You can catch Bill McMullen's show until March 28th:

The Constant Gallery
2573 S La Cienega Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90034


And Finally, this WASN'T at The Constant Gallery, but I thought it was rad and was painted on the outside wall of another LA Cienega Gallery down the street:

No comments:

Post a Comment