Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Gavin & Stacey - tonight on tv

Ok, I don't want to get in the habit of plugging TV programs but I feel so strongly about good shows that get lost in the multichannel universe, that I'm going to make an exception.


There are plenty of reasons to tune into the premiere of Gavin & Stacey tonight on BBC America at 8.40pm but the most important one is that it's actually funny. I have to admit that I find it difficult to laugh at most of the comedies on television nowadays, but this British comedy is an instant classic. It's one of those shows that you have to stick with for it to pay off, because honestly I wasn't convinced after the first episode, but once I started the second episode I managed to watch both seasons at work in just two days (part of my job - promise!) Written by two of the stars James Corden and Ruth Jones, this is essential tv viewing or definitely one for the tivo, especially those who are fans of British tv.

Check out a clip below with one of my favourite characters Nessa, played by Jones, doing what she does best.

No comments:

Post a Comment