Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Samsonite and Fashionable in the same sentence?... Black Label "Trunk Original"

When the name "Samsonite" comes to mind, I for one think of those hideously gnarly looking hard-shelled 80s suitcases such as this one:


Much to my surprise, I've come to learn that the company has it's roots in some pretty stylish pieces. Take for example this reissue of an original 1920s trunk- The piece is part of Samsonite's high end Black Label. The art deco style, detailing and metal trim on this thing are simply fantastic. I'd really love the white one above if anyone's got a spare $640 lying around. Wait, you DO have an extra $640 and would like to get me an early holiday present?... All you have to do is make your way over to our favorite trendy Parisian boutique Colette to pick one up!


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment