Saturday, February 9, 2008

Counting Down to V-day : The Love Triangle

As we countdown to V-day , we'd like to portray the perspective of love in all shapes and sizes including the infamous Love Triangle. Unfortunately i had my first taste of this at an early age when i was forced to choose between the Dance Mix USA and MTV Party to Go Series.

Patty - AKA MTV Party to Go



I first met Patty when i was in the 6th grade, sharing some special songs on the dancefloor of the school's gymnasium. It was smooth sailing from there. The only question was, now that we found love what are we going to do with it? Then one day I initiated an impromptu after school special meeting to talk about sex and all the good things and the bad things that may be. Although i wanted her to know that it was all for love, she was bugged out and told me we shouldn't go steady anymore.








Danielle - AKA Dance Mix USA


I had trouble getting over Patty so I distracted myself with endless nights of pleasure playing heated battles in NHL '94 on Super Nintendo. Then one Saturday night/Sunday morning after the game i hit the tube to see what was on, and then i saw an infomercial featuring Danielle. She was so upbeat and dreamy and she reminded me that Everybody's Free To Feel Good. I was a desperate man and i had to call her immediately after the commercial to be able to take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity. She arrived at my door 4-6 weeks later and we spent many nights together, particularly after i paused my NHL games to get the crowd pumped to do the Tribal Dance. However, the luster didn't last too much longer and it was clear that Patty was still on my mind. Her and the rest of the top students in our grade were about to leave for Astro Camp until i stopped her right before she boarded the bus. That's when i said "Babe I love you so and i want you to know that i'm going to miss your love the minute you walk out that door... please don't go." I re-won her heart and we began to rock steady and steady rockin' all night long...that is until i met her younger sister, Volume 3.







The above story was strictly for your fictional entertainment and an excuse to play these guilty pleasures in a context i wished them to belong in my adolescence. I am not responsible for any judgments you make about my music taste and hope this doesn't ruin my ridiculous reputation in Junior High.



For another love triangle from the early 90's, check out Boomerang, Eddie Murphy's last viewable film and one of my grandma's personal favorites. Eddie's Party All the Time attitude might have done it for Lady Eloise and Mike Tyson's first lady/Head of the Class star Robin Givens but it def'ly wouldn't do for Halle Berry and her breakout performance. To put you in the love mood i highly recommend the soundtrack to the film which includes classic cuts from Boyz II Men, Toni Braxton & Babyface. However, please set adrift on your memories with this blissful video of "I'd Die Without You" by PM Dawn, which is my personal favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment